Senior Technical Writer
About the project
Quantum is a data science and software engineering company with presence in the US, the Netherlands, Israel and R&D centers in Ukraine. We serve large software companies and quickly growing startups all over the world, investing in our clients’ competitive advantages and capacity using cutting-edge technologies.
We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our product offerings to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development or computer science. Your ability to evaluate and analyse complex information / system / product is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
We are looking for a person who is passionate not only about technical writing but also about operational aspects and communication (eliciting and gathering information from developers, architects, CTO, QA etc.).
Skills and qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science;
- Native-level proficiency in English with excellent communication skills;
- 6 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer writing enterprise level technical software documentation/instructional design and at least 3 in API/SDK;
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics;
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content;
- Have the capacity to handle multiple work streams, understand and explain complex systems, code, implementation, and integration processes. in simple terms that cater to the target audience. (Should be able to understand technical aspects of the API access and produce user friendly language to consume it);
- Can research topics and write documentation independently;
- Proactive team player with great communication skills;
- Experience with API tools such as Postman, Swagger;
- Basic background in programming or technical business analysis especially consuming API;
- Meticulous and detailed oriented with a knack to handle multiple deadlines and self-prioritization of ad hoc requests.
Would be a plus:
- Comfort working in a semi-structured writing environment with evolving processes and systems, enjoyment of a fast-paced environment;
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization;
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC);
- Previous software development experience.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements;
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and product documentation;
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage;
- Work with product subject matter experts to identify content needs;
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration;
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation;
- Evaluate and suggest best tools to use for creation of variety of documentation types;
- Be responsible for planning, writing, and reviewing a wide variety of developer-oriented documentation and translate them according to the need of various stakeholder groups;
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit API and SDK references, sequence diagrams and release notes materials;
- Engage with a variety of business stakeholders including Quality Assurance, Delivery Services and Support;
- Assure documentation is aligned with specific offering release scope as defined by product owners / product management.
- Flexible working time;
- 20 days paid vacation;
- Paid sick leave;
- Paid remote work;
- 8-hour working day and 5-day working week;
- English lessons and massage service in the office (partially paid by the company);
- Opportunity to take part in conferences, meetups etc. (fully or partially paid by the company);
- Regular company events.